Friday, January 28, 2011

Vibram Five Fingers...for the Office?

Vibram's Cervinia model for cold weather. Now you can make paleo snow angels!

Now, you already know I'm not crazy about Vibram Five Fingers, but I know a lot of you wear them, so here is an announcement. Word on the street is that Vibrams Five Fingers is coming out with a line of "casual" wear that users can show off in the office, at bars, and yes, even in snow. Designed with the eye-catching separate-toe structure, these are sure to turn heads. New models include laces, kangaroo leather, and more running shoe-like appearances. Prices will be $100-$160 and maybe higher for the leather boots. Apparently they will not be out until fall of 2011, but you can bet loyal VFF followers will be lined up to show them off in social situations. Thanks to Gear Junkie and Birthday Shoes for the heads up!  Hit the jump for more pictures.

talk about athlete's foot...


For $140, you can be the center of attention at the water cooler


-Do you own a pair of current Vibram Five Fingers? Do you like them? What do you think of the new line of Vibrams? Would you wear them?

6 comments:

  1. I've got the FiveFingers TrekSport shoes. They are one of the heavier, thicker versions, as they are primarily designed for outdoors stuff like hiking, climbing, and activities on rugged surfaces. I tried on a few kinds, and I found these to be the most comfortable on me.

    They work great for the things I use them for, which is really just the rope climbing and running in the snow..a very small minority of all the things we do in crossfit.

    I'll save making an official judgement on this new line until they are available to try on, but I presume the designers know that simulating being barefoot means a lot more than separating the toes, and I hope they deliver on that. But, is there really a demand for all this stuff? And won't your toes get cold in the snow boot?

    By the way, I recognize it's not ideal to do all exercises barefoot, and I'm in the market for some lifting shoes now. If only Vibram would make a weightlifting shoe with a solid heel and separated toes, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own a pair of KSO and two pairs of KSO Treks. I do everything from running and weightlifting in them... that is when I cannot go purely barefoot.

    Regarding five finger work shoes... I do not know if they would fly in the professional workplace. I have gone with Terra Plana's VIVOBAREFOOT for that and have never looked back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't they look a bit funky!!! Do you think this will work at professional place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lestat D. Dallas TexasSunday, June 19, 2011

    I have three pair of Bikilas a pair of Komodosports and a pair of Speeds that i got all this month. I also got some reg shoe that i purchased two weeks before I discovered VIBRAM FIVEFINGERS I wish I had kept the receipt. I cant wait for the new line theres no turning back for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's one thing to wear then during workouts, but...in a workplace? eh...not appropriate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog has moved, searching new blog...